Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Brave

Today's card is brought to you by the movie Brave and the CASual Fridays challenge to make a card with an arrow. I  have several Disney inspired card ideas floating around in my noggin. I hope they show up here on the blog soon.

 
This card is very simple. I used my new Memento Teal Zeal ink for the sentiment because it's the closest match I have to Merida's blue dress in Brave. The orange arrow is a nod to her fiery red hair and the pale blue rhinestones represent the wisps that lead her to her fate. The inside says Be Brave. I love it. And I love Brave. Emma Thompson is amazing as the mother. And Merida is fierce.

I'm excited to link up at the CASual Fridays challenge for the first time and also at Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Stamps - a muse studio Fight Like a Girl, Studio Calico Oh Snap
Ink - Memento Teal Zeal, Tangelo
Paper - PTI kraft
Other - rhinestones, bic mark it hot turquoise marker (to color the rhinestones)

6 comments:

  1. love the bling! simply cute! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sentiment <3 And I love how you used the colors from Brave too! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Brave!!! What a beautiful card to go along with the movie. And the sentiment is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked "Brave" too!!! Great card! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! I loved the movie, too - great message for girls and their moms!

    ReplyDelete