Friday, April 8, 2016

Birthday Bear

  Yesterday, my son came home and told me it was his teacher's birthday. I've missed a lot of birthdays already this year, but sometimes things just work out and I was able to make her a card and some cookies for today.

  Birthday cards have been on my mind anyway because I use them the most, I recently got the super cute mft birthday bears set, and it's the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week. Serendipity. My card is mega simple. The bear and balloon are stamped in versafine onyx on ranger watercolor paper (using a MISTI to ensure a solid image). I watercolored them using my fabulous gansai tambi watercolors, caran d'ache watercolor crayons, and an aqua brush. I tried this time, but I really don't know how to shade with watercolors. Maybe this summer I can take a class. Watercolor is awesome, though, because, no matter the results, it's just fun to play around. Last, I stamped the sentiment and mounted on a white card base. 


Sorry for the not so awesome phone photo.

  You should definitely check out the Simon challenge this week. It's their anniversary and there are septuple the chances to win! And who can't use some extra birthday inspiration? 

  In case you need a basic, but delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe, I'm including mine here. I've been using it since I was about 13. 

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. unsalted butter
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 - 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs, mix. In a separate bowl combine the flour, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Place in mounds on cookie sheet with room to spread. Bake until edges are golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet 1 minute until moving to a cooling rack to cool completely. Or just eat them off the spatula. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps - MFT Birthday Bears
Ink - Versafine Onyx
Paper - Ranger watercolor paper, Recollections heavyweight white
Other - Gansai Tambi watercolor palette, Caran d'ache watercolor crayons, aqua brush, MISTI

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Paula! The bear is adorable and so beautifully water coloured.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for our special 7th Birthday challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Paula, I'm sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, my friend! Oh, it's been too long since we have visited! I have been thinking of you though! Your sweet birthday bear is adorable! I love the water coloring! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Website Is Nice And Informative. Please Keep Continue Such Kind Of Good Effort. If you want to see
    watch Most Expensive Hollywood Movies
    Most Beautiful Female Singers American Actress
    Most Hottest Hollywood Actresses In USA
    Alexandra Daddario Hot Photoshoot superb
    Funny Pictures with Double Meaning you much watch
    Funny Hindi Abusing Sentences (Gaaliyan) Boys Always use these gaaliya
    Top Male Bollywood Dancers All time.
    Than Plz Visit our website: https://funlover27.blogspot.com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete