Sunday, February 27, 2011

VSN and Make It Monday

VSN is still going strong! One of the challenges is to make a card based on your first love, no, not your kindergarten crush, even before that. Whatever toy or lovey you carted around everywhere or what your kids are carting around now. Only problem is I don't recall having one special toy and my kids are equal opportunity carters at the moment. I've also been wanting to participate in the new PTI weekly challenge, Make It Monday. This week is to use double sided tape to make glitter strips. On top of that, I needed a birthday card for the twin girls down the street and they were having a bee themed party. Then I thought of the Fisher-Price bee pull toy that my mom gave me when I was pregnant with my first, which just happened to be the first toy she bought when she was pregnant with me. Everything clicked into place. :)

You can watch the great video Dawn McVey made showing how to make the glitter strips here.
I only have 1/8" scor-tape right now so I used red tacky tape. It worked the same, scor-tape is just a bit more user-friendly. My mom got me one of the Martha Stewart glitter sampler packs a few years ago and I love having tons of colors. The actual bee image is from the Unity Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety set. 'Happy' and 'day' are from PTI's Paper Tray set and the 'Bee' is from Honey Bee Sentiments. I feel weird using a non-PTI stamp for one of their challenges, but I don't have any of their bee images and I really do love this little guy. You can check out all the VSN challenges here and all the Make It Monday entries here. Thanks for looking!
Supplies: Stamps - Unity & Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety; Papertrey Honey Bee Sentiments, Paper Tray
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - Papertrey White, Hibiscus Burst
Other - Terrifically Tacky Tape; Martha Stewart Onyx Glitter, Yellow Barite Glitter; Papertrey Limitless Layers Die, Copics (Y11, Y15, Y17, BG000, C0), clear Spica pen; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. It turned out so cute! LOVE the bee stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete