Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hello with Sparkles

Well, hello blog and three friends and my mom who read my blog! So nice to see you again!

I've been meaning to post and have all sorts of things I'd like to write about: books I've read, blogs I love, and how sugar is the devil. But today is a quick card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge in my favorite theme of all, Anything Goes. (Am I the only one now humming Cole Porter? Yes? Okay then.)

This card was not the fastest thing ever but super easy. I taped my new Heidi Swapp stencil down with washi tape, picked my inks, and went to town with my Ranger blending tool. (No, not the cool new mini one. Sigh.) I decided the rainbow needed sparkles to go with and die cut pti's hello out of a black glitter paper from Michael's. I adhered it with Glossy Accents by oh so gently squeezing the tiniest but out and spreading it with the nozzle. Glossy Accents holds really well but I tend to get glue squish when I use it if I'm not super careful. The hardest part of this card was deciding on a green ink that wasn't too light or too olive. Suggestions for a bright green dye ink? (Like my fancy backdrop? Copy paper with a bend in it and a white shirt. Keepin' it classy.)


Thanks so much for looking! 

Supplies:
Ink - Memento Lady Bug, Tangelo, Dandelion, Paris Dusk, Grape Jelly, SU Wild Wasabi
Paper - PTI white, Recollections black, Recollections black glitter
Other - Glossy Accents, Ranger Ink Blending Tool, PTI hello die, Heidi Swapp stencil set Bird

4 comments:

  1. I love the rainbow background! Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too. You have a way with all that stuff that makes me smile, every time. Keep on carding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Paula! I think your green is perfect! I have to get some stencils!!
    Vicki vdoyle8 on SCS

    ReplyDelete