Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bonjour

We read a bedtime story set in France last night so this card from Dare to Get Dirty seemed like a good one to post. It's for my Eiffel Tower loving little sister.

 
Lots of old things making an appearance. I've had the stamp set, the paper, the seam binding, and the glitter for at least 4 years. I need to rotate my supplies more often!  My glittering glue is also a few years old and has gotten thick.  Maybe the next time Michaels has a 50% off coupon a new Xyron will come home with me. :)

I thought I'd try something new and actually include the instructions for the card. It's pretty straightforward but maybe someone will want them.
1. Make card base (or in my case, find it on the table).
2. Cut patterned paper 4 in x 5.25 in. Sponge edges with distress ink.
3. Stamp Eiffel Tower. Position die cut with tower in the middle, fix in place with washi tape, die cut. Run through the cuttlebug  again using the embossing mat to emboss. Sponge with distress ink.
4. Die cut oval mats in vanilla and brown. Spread glittering glue as evenly as possible and apply glitter. (I do this in an old Stampin Up clamshell to cut down on the mess. Glitter is the devil to clean up.)
5. Adhere the mats together. (I put adhesive on the brown layer in the middle and all over the back of the image layer so that I could just sandwich the glitter layer between them.)
6. Tie/tape seam binding to paper, tie a bow. Adhere image over the seam binding with pop dots.
7. Die cut sentiment strip. Sponge with Distress ink. Stamp sentiment. Adhere to card. Trim edge. Adhere pearls.

I had such a good time with the Dare to Get Dirty challenges. I have a few more cards from it that might make a blog appearance. :) I'm linking this at Simon Says Stamp. Thanks for looking! 

Supplies:
Stamps - Crafty Secrets French Mail
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress Ink Tattered Roses
Paper - GinaK Vanilla, Basic Grey Blush, SU Chocolate Chip
Other - Oval nestabilities, Martha Stewart seam binding, Martha Stewart White Gold glitter, MFT Sentiment Strip die, pearls, sponge
Card is A2, 4.25 in x 5.5 in.

No comments:

Post a Comment