Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Nuttin' Better Than a Friend Like You or Is It Fall Yet?

Morning! This week is a special week. It's the last week before my firstborn starts school for the first time. To me, it's the biggest transition since he was born and we went from married adults to parents. What. A. Ride. I'm both excited and terrified for next week. So far, he's only excited. We're practicing getting up early, going to bed early, and making lunches, but I'm trying to be pretty chill about everything else. This last little bit of summer, of early childhood, of early parenthood, is about to be over so we may as well enjoy it.

In all other respects, though, from the weather to food and color choices, I am ready for fall. The kids are drawing pumpkins at the moment so I think they're ready for fall, too. :) And part of my staying calm is crafting. It is so therapeutic for me. It takes all that nervous energy and makes something from it. Combine those two thoughts and you get fall crafting. The best crafting. :)

I'm playing in a new to me challenge this week, A.R.T. A Random Thursday Challenge, discovered because Misti, an awesome online friend and major inspirartion, is on their DT. It's a cutie pie CAS sketch this week. This is also for Simon Says Stamp Monochromatic challenge. Monochromatic is really hard for me so I am pleased to get to enter. :)


Thanks so much for looking!!!

Supplies:
Stamps - PTI Autumn Acorns
Ink - Memento Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa
Paper - PTI Rustic White
Other- rhinestones, polka dot washi

5 comments:

  1. I should have read your blog before I asked what day school starts. Lol. I bet everyone is getting excited in your house!

    Awesome card! Perfect fall everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and sweet. Love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us in the Monochromatic challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Paula! Thanks for playing in this week's A.R.T. challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a bit teary this week and your post made me tear up! All those firsts!!! I can't help but remember our FIRST orientation. Funny I remember our first orientation and NOT his first day of school! I will be thinking of you and I LOVE how your crafty therapy turned out! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Paula! Pretty and Fall crafting IS the best!

    ReplyDelete