Monday, February 20, 2012

Butterfly and Mister Huey

I can't seem to type a coherent sentence today so I'm going to stop trying to be chatty and just get to the card.






The butterfly is from GinaK's Hope is Faith set. I colored it with YR02, YR04, and YR07 Copics for the wings and C1 and B39 for the highlights on the body. (Kinda going for blue black, but I'm not sure it worked.) I used the PTI Book Prints impression plate for the kraft panel. I love that thing, but can never get it straight. The white is Studio Calico Mister Huey! I'm so excited to have gotten it! Dawn McVey has been making me want it for ages but it wasn't in stock anywhere! I tried the DIY tutorials but never could get it right. This is misted. I'm going to try to get paint droplets next time. Anyway, I opted to leave off a sentiment so I can use it for anything. I entered this in the StampTV facebook fan challenge to use a butterfly. Feels good to be making cards and doing challenges again! Thanks for looking!



Supplies: Stamps - GinaK Hope is Faith


Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black


Paper - Georgia Pacific White, PTI Kraft, Orange Zest, Recollections Black


Other - cutterbee scissors, scor-tape, Studio Calico Mister Huey White, PTI Book Prints impression plate

1 comment: