Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI Anniversary Day 1 Part Deux

Like I said, might even be two posts. ;) Squeezed in a second card tonight, this one inspired by Ashley Cannon Newell's project. I'm so excited she's on the design team! Her work is amazing!




I used an unusal color combo for me: Soft Stone, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, and Smoky Shadow (except it's really SU Basic Gray ribbon and Memento London Fog ink because I haven't bought the grey collections from PTI yet. But I will. That Smoky Shadow satin has me swooning.) I used several sets for this one, which is nice. Makes me feel all mix and matchy. Background Basics: Hearts, Text Style, and Polka Dot Basics 2 and the new Simply Jane. I cut a felt rose from the closest thing I have to Lemon Tart. No idea who makes this felt. I picked it up in Austin at The Stitch Lab. Great store. You should go if you're in Austin and like sewing. I digress.

I saw another poster made a top 5 PTI products list of her own and loved it so I'm stealing it. I'm hideously bad at this kind of thing but here goes.

1. Woodgrain Impression Plate. - I. Love. It.
2. Cloud Dies - Because they make every card cuter. Except this one. Well, maybe this one, too, I didn't try it.
3. Simple Alphabet - Used it a bazillion times.
4. Cardstock - Especially white, kraft, Soft Stone, and Lemon Tart.
5. Buttons - I love digging through the bag and looking at every single one. Oh, and using them. That's fun, too.

Thanks for looking! See all the awesomeness here. Can't wait to see what Nichole's got in store tomorrow!

Supplies: Stamps - Papertrey Simply Jane, Background Basics: Hearts, Background Basics: Polka Dot Basics 2, Background Basics: Text Style
Ink - Papertrey Aqua Mist; Memento Dandelion, London Fog
Paper - Papertrey Soft Stone, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart
Other - Papertrey Simply Jane dies; yellow felt; Stampin' Up! Basic Gray taffeta

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this color combo. I might use it to make the baby some applique onesies. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this. I'm so in awe of grey tones lately too!! My whole OLW color theme is yellow and greys with reds and aquas thrown in for more color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love your color choice!

    ReplyDelete