Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI Anniversary Contests!

So, yeah, big surprise, I posted about posting more often and then let a whole month go by. Distracted is in the title of the blog for a reason, folks! About the time I start to recover from the madness that is December, I remember I have a birthday party to plan for my oldest! Panic ensues. Etc. The party was super cute so I will try to post about it after the madness that is early February, Papertrey anniversary time. 'Cause nothing gets me posting like ginormous prizes. There might even be two posts in one day. Ya never know.



Today's contest is to choose one of the Design Team's favorite projects as inspiration. I chose Melissa Phillips fantastically gorgeous baby card. I absolutely love Melissa's vintage style although it is nothing like mine. Melissa makes masterpieces and she makes them with love. Every piece is a treasure.









I don't have the sweet little stork set (but I'm thinking of getting it now - these designers make me buy things I never even glanced at before all the time!) so I poked around my table, where apparently I'm storing everything I own, and found the Fruit Fusion: Apple set. I paired it with the sweet baby sentiment from Mixed Messages. Ran the onesie through the Linen and Canvas impression plate to give it a little texture. I faked a Peter Pan collar with the ric-rac and trimmed the arm and legs with it, too. Mine is sort of the poor country cousin to Melissa's card, but it is very much made with love and going to an adorable new baby.




Thanks PTI for the inspiration, the kick in the pants to post, and for stealing all my money! I kid, I kid. Sort of. Happy anniversary!






Supplies: Stamps - Papertrey Fruit Fusion: Apple, Mixed Messages


Ink - Memento Bamboo Leaves, Ladybug; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Old Paper


Paper - Papertrey Soft Stone


Other - white ric-rac; Scor-tape; sponge; Papertrey Pure Poppy button, Linen and Canvas Impression Plate, Onesie die

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I haven't pulled the trigger on that die yet, but you keep making me want to! Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and oh so cute!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete